I am India Needs, and I would like your vote for the position of being your next Social Secretary for the Inns of Court Society 2019/2020!
For those of you who do not know me, I am a 1styear LLB with European Studies student. I will be dedicated to ensuring that all students involved within the Inns of Court Society make the most out of their university experience, outside of the excessive essay writing and reading!
Skills I can bring to the Inns of Court as being your next Social Secretary:
- I am the type of person who is very friendly and approachable when talking to students within the society, and even staff members. Also, I class myself as being an extrovert when it comes to myself being energised by socialising, I am able to solve problems through discussion and also open and willing to share my opinion with others. All of these I believe are qualities that I consider making up a good Social Secretary.
- As well as being the life of a party when going out on socials, I have exceptional organisation skills with an orderly mind. As being a law student, we all know how much work we have to get through in order to get our law degree, but I am able to manage and balance everything regarding certain events the Law School holds and extracurricular activities. For example, I have a part-time job which consists of 2-3 shifts a week alongside my degree. This has enabled me to have the ability to balance university work and a part time job which demonstrates to you that I will have the ability and make time for you to hold amazing social events and be a dedicated social secretary!
- I am a natural team player, with good communication skills which is handy as I will enjoy talking to other members on the committee.
What I will focus on:
- With the intention of getting the year off to a fabulous start I would pull out all the stops to organise one massive Law Society party in a spectacular new venue with special guests, fun themes, and a few more surprises. Other events throughout the week would be more laid-back affairs, taking advantage of the good weather with outdoor events such as garden parties, barbecues and possibly even a booze cruise.
- I would like to introduce TED Talk events within the University, this will allow our Law School the opportunity to share the unique innovation and ideas that we as a Law School are creating and developing.
- I would propose to socialise more with other Social Secretaries within different societies in order to promote more joint-socials therefore the Law School can socialise with various societies and allowing the Law School to be a more corporate network.
- Finally, I would like to propose that I would work with the Education Officer to organise a trip away in Europe during the second term!
Thank you for your time, and I am hoping I will get your vote to be the next Social Secretary for the Inns of Court!