My name is Helena Gann, and I am running to be your Social Secretary for the Inns of Court Society 2018/2019.
For those of you who do not know me, I am a second year LLB student. I am committed to ensuring everyone makes the most of their university experience has a good time outside of the endless reading!
The skills I can bring:
· I am an outgoing and approachable person; qualities that are essential to the role of a Social Secretary.
· Aside from being a good laugh on a night out, I hold excellent organisational skills. We all know how much work is involved with doing a law degree, but I have managed my time effectively to engage with events the Law School and university offers. For example, I am taking part in the Business Innovation Programme, where I am advising a local charity on ways they can increase their email database. The ability to juggle both university work and extra-curricular activities displays how I would be able to dedicate my time to deliver excellent socials for you.
· I am a natural team player, and will enjoy working with other members of the committee.
What I will focus on:
· I will put particular emphasis on the initial mixer, ensuring freshers are aware of the brilliant work the Inns of Court Society does. I understand the importance of freshers fully integrating into the Law School as I have volunteered to be a PASS mentor. From this experience, I believe I can be a friendly face for future Inns of Court members.
· Working with Social Secretaries from other societies to push more joint socials, allowing the whole of the Law School to socialise and to be a collective network.
· Hold a dedicated non-law social for those who are interested in a career in law but are unsure if it is the correct path for them. This will be an informal opportunity to socialise with law students and to find out more information on a career in the legal profession.
Thank you for your time, and I would love to have the chance to be your next Social Sec!